We feel responsible for the impact our business has on the world. Due to this we are doing everything we can to leave an eco-positive footprint. APC's Environment Management System (EMS) not only ensures we meet legislative requirements and compliance, but gives us the ability to focus on “resource, waste and energy management” minimising our environmental footprint. Customers can be confident that our EMS gives us the structured framework to quantify, monitor and control the impact of our operations on the environment, now and in the future.
To fulfil our commitment to the environment, APC will:
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained in the use of appropriate safety and emergency equipment and procedures.
- Develop and improve operations and technologies to minimise waste and other pollution, minimise health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Ensure the responsible use of resources throughout our business, including conserving energy and improving energy efficiency.
- Meet all applicable Federal, State and local legal requirements no matter where we do business.
- Strive to continually improve our Environmental Management System (EMS) and environmental performance through processes of regular monitoring and evaluation.
- Appropriately deal with all noncompliance issues in accordance with our EMS, evaluate causes of noncompliance, and implement corrective actions.
- Periodically review environmental compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Enact procedures to ensure that all employees understand and comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Conserve natural resources by adopting pollution prevention practices. This includes extending the life of equipment through preventive maintenance scheduling, purchasing and reworking used equipment etc.
- Encourage staff to participate in environmental protection through education and information.
- Communicate with stakeholders on environmental issues.
- Actively encourage and support our suppliers to adopt sustainable practices.
- Measure and periodically report on our progress towards our sustainability goals.